He is a man credited with the fact that had you invested $37,000 with him in 1977, you were a millionaire in 1990.
Peter Lynch Track Record
- He ran Fidelity's Magellan Fund from 1977 to 1990.
- He beat S&P 500 in all but two of those years.
- He averaged annual returns of 29%.
Peter Lynch Secrets Recipes
- Know what you own.
- It's futile to predict the economy and interest rates (so don't waste time trying).
- Do not try to time the market.
- You have plenty of time to identify and recognize exceptional companies.
- Use companies with proven track records as your baseline.
- Good management is very important; good businesses matter more.
- Be flexible and humble, and learn from mistakes.
- Before you make a purchase, you should be able to explain why you're buying.
- There's always something to worry about; so do not panic as world will be able to bear it like world has survived the Great Depression, two world wars, an oil crisis, and double-digit inflation.