Last we heard that Flipkart shuts Letsbuy and it has redirected its customers from Letsbuy to its own site post acquisition and now Yebhi(dot)com, which had acquired online fashion retailer StylishYou(dot)in during May 2012. This has been done by it post integrating its products. On similar lines SnapDeal had shut down eSportsBuy(dot)com after acquiring it in April 2012 and this site is an e-retailer of sports goods and fitness equipment.
We have seen Yebhi going aggressive with advertisement on entertainment channels and it is going all out to increase click through rate (CTR) & conversion which in layman language means that how many people visiting your site are making a purchase.
A Word about Yebhi
- Yebhi CEO and Co-Founder Manmohan Agarwal is aggresive in approach and hopes to take the conversion to 2%. StylishYou team along with inventory has been integrated with Yebhi.
- Yebhi was initially launched as BigShoeBazaar(dot)com and raised Rs 40 crore from Catamaran, Infosys co-founder NR Narayana Murthy's $129-million venture capital fund, along with Nexus in its second round of funding.
- BigShoeBazaar(dot)com was an online wholesaler of shoes, apparel, bags, accessories and gift items and it had earlier raised Rs 10 crore from Nexus in its first round of funding.
A word about StylishYou
- Stylishyou(dot)in founded by Shraddha Danani
- Year of commencement : 2011
- Sells Exclusive brands
- Sells Designer jewellery and accessories.
Now it needs to be seen whether shutting down the acquired site adds to their bottom line or acquisition cost was a sheer waste and same will be reflected in a year from now. Keep watching this space for more upda5tes on similar lines.