Do not get panicked and do not stop using the card as these days a person who is not doing online transactions or not using debit or credit card is like an illiterate person.
We will make sure that you understand Skimming meaning and understand the skimming and scanning practice.
Skimming MeaningSkimming is the theft of credit card information by photocopying the bill receipts or through an electronic device called skimmer. The credit card information so captured, can be misused to make fraudulent transactions.
Therefore, it is important that you remain cautious whilst your card is being swiped at the point-of-sale terminal or keyboard card reader at the retail / merchant outlets. Ensure your card is not swiped through an additional reader that does not coincide with the transaction.
Simple precautions to safeguard your card against skimming:
- Always cover your keypad when operating a handheld card swipe device
- Always pay your bills at the billing terminal
- Ensure that you get your own card back after every purchase
- Please check SMS alerts to ensure that your card is not being misused
- Review your statement regularly