You will get a lot of advise that how you can be safe and secure on the net and we will be short and crisp and will use the KISS strategy i.e. Keep it simple and straight. The important points mentioned are as given below:
- Limit your Facebook profile to your friends only.
- Accept online friend requests only from people you already know, and like, and trust.
- Only upload things you are happy for the whole world to see, including your parents, friends and even your enemies.
- Never give out your address or agree to meet in person someone you’ve “met” online.
- Set a password lock on your phone or any other device you use, and make sure it locks automatically when you aren’t using it.
- Don’t click on suspicious-looking links.
- Tell your friends in person if you receive unusual messages from them. (Someone could have stolen their passwords.)
- Always log out – don’t leave any account open when you go away from your computer, phone or other device.
- Don’t pick easy passwords – mix up letters, numbers and funny characters so other people can’t guess what you chose.
- If you see something upsetting, or dangerous, or dishonest, speak up! Tell a parent or a teacher.
The aim is to be aware and do not fall prey to any lurking online dangers as precaution is better than cure. You can see the way and methodology of creating safe and secure password generation method here and see how perfect password is generated here.