How Circuit Filter is Set for Stocks?
- Circuit Filter % is set at 20% for stocks with market cap less than or equal to 500 cr.
- 15% if market cap is greater than 500 cr but less than or equal to 1000 cr.
- 10% if market cap is greater than 1000 cr but less than or equal to 5000 cr.
- 5% if market cap is greater than 5000 cr.
- Trade to Trade segment stock limit set at 5%
The NSE trading limits for the NIFTY ranges from 10-20%. The % translated into absolute points of the index movement at the end of every quarter and applied for the next three months.
The mechanism makes sure that the market is not artificially taken up or brought down by the unscruplous elements who try to make use of the prevalent loopholes in the system. Remember to mark us for your intraday tips requirement and make money with our Jackpot Tip everyday.