Windows is very smart and reserved 20% of internet speed for itself and thus depsite 100%; u r getting only 80% internet for ur usage. The below defined procedure helps you get 100% internet speed for you and only you.
- Press "Windows key + R" where R stands for Run as a shortcut key.
- Now type gpedit.msc. This will give access to Group Policy Editor.
- Then Navigate to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/QOS Packet Scheduler using the pane on the left side.
- Now in the right panel you will notice a option called "Limit Reservable Bandwidth". Right click on it and choose "Edit" option.
- A new window will pop out where you find Bandwidth Limit is set to 20% by default.Now click enabled and change Bandwidth Limit to 0 then apply the changes.
The credit for above idea goes to our friend Techbuzz which is doing a good job educating the readers. However we have a different view point in regard to insalling additional softwares for tweaking the speed.
As an advise do not install any software's which claims to increase internet speed as our experience shows that they do not add to any speed and at times may be stealing information from your computer by virtue of embedded trojans in it. So, we are dead against installing any speed tweaking software's.