No doubt availability of a payment gateway for making a payment online through net banking, credit card or debit card has changed the face of ecommerce and below you will find the reasons that at times these transactions may fail due to listed reasons:
Common Reasons for transactions failure from the customer's end:
- Customer might have closed the Payment page/window intentionally (or) without knowledge.
- Customer might have closed the Bank / 3D secure Page/window intentionally (or) without knowledge or forgetting the password.
- Session could have expired due to no action from customer within 15 mins.
- Customer could have refreshed the Bank page.
- Customer Internet connectivity issues.
Common reasons for transactions failure from the Banks:
- Customer's bank could have disabled the login of the Customer for some security reasons.
- Delays due to SMS intimation of the one-time password.
- Bank may not have redirected the customer to EBS due to any technical issue.
- The Bank site could have been down for unscheduled maintenance.
- Wrong User Credentials.
- Insufficient funds.
- 3D Secure Authentication failed.
- Denied by Risk.
If you understand the failure reason, same can be corrected and the success rate for payment gateway can be increased substantially. A high success rate in payment gateway means that payment gateway is functioning effectively as each failed transaction means a lost client or a lost business opportunity. Hope our effort of listing above reasons will satisfy the users who are looking for the reasons that why payment gateway transactions fail.