It is surprising that myYearbook has become MeetMe as MyYearbook was a branded name with a good recall of the brand name among a large clientele. We have a name Indian-Share-Tips.Com which we had to be content as we started long time back when search engines were not that smart and they read Indian Share Tips only if a hyphen existed between the names. This is the reason one gets to see old websites with hyphen in their names like Indian Airlines website.
We received a surprise mail from MyYearbook as appended below:
The day has come. myYearbook is now MeetMe, and nothing will be changing but the name.
MeetMe, like myYearbook, is a place to meet new people and make new friends. Everything and everyone you've come to love about myYearbook will now be at MeetMe.
If you'd like to learn more about this change, please read this important letter.
In the meantime, we wanted to share with you some thoughts from members about what they love about myYearbook. We think you'll find that every one of these descriptions is true of MeetMe too.
- It means meeting new people
- It's a place for me to be me and not have to hide anything from anyone
- It's a way to connect to people I would never meet otherwise
- It's where I met my one and only
- It's a flirty Facebook
- It's a great chance to meet some attractive people
- Just a place to chill and let my hair down and have some harmless flirting
- Lots of fun and games and I met my girlfriend on here about a year ago
The MeetMe Team
To be honest we do not like the name change and that too for an established player. Now they will have to redo all the search engine optimisation exercise which is going to burn a hole in their pocket. The name changes can have a dramatic effect on the business potential of a company as it becomes a brand and people take time to make a switch. DO you want to make a name change!! Pen your thoughts now!