It is high time we as a nation wake up and rise to the occasion and bring parliamentarians under an umbrella where they are accountable in life and to general public in particular.
We feel that one of the best after effect of any movie was after release of Rang De Basanti when candle light way of protests ensured reopening of many sensitive cases. It was a soft power turning revolutionary.....may be the next best thing is......by way of computers.... may trigger another such milestones....slowly but steadily.... it surely holds a tremendous promise....take your call
Winds of Change.... forward this link to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of them to do likewise.
In three days, most people in India will have this message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
Reform Act of 2012* : This so call utopian act can bring Parliamentarians accountable to the general public.
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
Parliamentarians collect a salary while in office but should not receive any pay when they're out of office.
2. Parliamentarians should purchase their own retirement plans, just as all Indians do.
3. Parliamentarians should no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Their pay should be linked to the CPI or 3%, whichever is lower.
4. Parliamentarians should lose their current health care system and participate in the same health care system as the Indian people.
5. Parliamentarians should equally abide by all laws they impose on the Indian people.
6. All contracts with past and present Parliamentarians should be void effective 1/1/12. The Indian people did not make this contract with them. Parliamentarians made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Parliament is an honour, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.