Google advertisements display can be subdivided into two parts namely ads appearing on Google search engine network and other part consists of display of advt on Google partner sites. Through this post we will analyse that whether you should go for only Google search advertisement or you can also go for advertisement on its partner sites. The details are as appended in below succeeding paras to get you most optimum returns from your amount you are investing in advertisement campaigns with Google.
To make it easer to understand we can say that Google Display Network's is a mode of targeting technologies and optimization tools which enables you to deliver relevant, accountable ads to your target audience across Google properties and millions of partner sites - more effectively, more often and in real time. Watch the video below to understand the Google Display network.
The Google Display Network will comprise all of the sites (apart from search sites), where you can buy ads through Google, including YouTube, Google properties such as Google Finance, Gmail, Google Maps, Blogger as well as over one million Web, video, gaming, and mobile display partners (our display partners include all of our AdSense and DoubleClick Ad Exchange partner sites that allow text and/or display ads). The Google Display Network offers all ad formats - text, image, rich media, and video ads - enabling you to unleash your creativity and engage potential customers across the Web.
Now we will analyse that whether is it worth it is worth the effort to go for Google display network:
Google Search Network Advantage
- Relevancy is excellent.
- High Click through rates.
- High rate of conversion
- Focussed visitor who is searching for the data.
- Gets benefit of cost optimisation as you get charged only a cent higher than your nearest competitor which means Cost per Click is optimised.
Google Display Network Advantages
- Reach is widened.
- Low CTR do not effect cost escalation or positioning of ad. It means low CTR do not effect your advertisement cost escalation.
Google Display Network DisAdvantages
It has poor CTR as client is not a focussed client.
What should be your strategy as an advertiser?
- If you have good amount of funds, you can incorporate Google display network advertisement else skip it.
- If less funds, than just stick with Google search only.