We take the opportunity to provide the most famous quotes of Chanakya which has relevance till today and will be relevant for the times to come. One has to be just use them at the right place to get the right results. However it is not necessary that you have to act in life on all the given quotes as these were given in the time when their was a lot of commotion and no order prevalent in the society and running the Kingdom succesfully was the top most priority.
- A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first."
- "Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous."
- "The biggest guru-mantra is: Never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you."
- "There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth."
- "Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions – Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead."
- "As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it."
- "The world's biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman."
- "Once you start a working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest."
- "The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all direction."
- "Whores don't live in company of poor men, citizens never support a weak company and birds don't build nests on a tree that doesn't bear fruits."
- "God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your god. The soul is your temple."
- "A man is great by deeds, not by birth."
- "Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends."
- "Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth."
We Differ with Certain Views of Chanakya
We are also in disagreement with a few of the Chanakaya quotes; however we are trying to choose the best quotes which our conscience allows us to implement without stepping on other person’s shoulder to progress in life. Other day we were seeing a movie Detective Dee which is a fiction based on Chinese empress story and most important line in the story was that one should not lose everything in life just to succeed and thus one has to draw a fine line between the relations and success.