Feb 2012 IIP data stands at 4.1% and you can check out IIP data impact on Indian stock market here. The key data figures are as given below:
- Feb manufacturing sector growth at 4%
- Feb capital goods growth at 10.6%
- Feb basic goods growth at 7.5%
- Feb mining sector growth at 2.1%
- Feb electricity growth at 8%
Govt has corrected wrong sugar output data. Thus tacticians and statisticians need to be careful as it sends wrong signals about the state of the economy. The market has ignored the numbers as they expect that RBI credit policy review on 17 Apr will provide them with a rate cut. However 4% growth is a matter of concern as market was expecting around 6.9% growth.