As a Indian we want to see India become a Force to Reckon With; however it requires an introspection and a report published by London School of Economics (LSE) suggests that India will have to get their act together before they can dream of becoming a major super power in the world.
The LSE study was prepared by a panel of experts on Indian economy, defence, government, culture, environment and society. The key problems which have been visualized and which can be a deterrence from making India a super power are as enumerated below:
- Challenge of the Naxalites
- Degradation of the once liberal and upright Centre
- Increasing gap between the rich and the poor
- Trivialisation of the media
- Unsustainability of present patterns of resource consumption in an environmental sense
- Instability and policy incoherence caused by multi-party coalition governments
- Rise of regional parties in states
Thus we should not keep our eyes closed and work round the clock to eradicate these evils and make India a force to reckon with and we are proud to be Indians.