Petroleum in its unprocessed form ("crude oil"), includes Brent crude oil, Heavy crude oil Light crude oil and Sweet crude oil. The crude oil price or the price of petroleum means the spot price of either Light Crude/WTI as traded on the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX). The unit to measure the price of petroleum is barrel. The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) was formed to maintain the price of oil. Here we provide you the real time/current oil prices, crude oil price charts in US dollar per barrel. Thus live Crude Oil Prices Charts and Latest News on Oil, Energy and Petroleum Prices will help you to get correct perspective of energy trading in any part of the world.
It is our endeavour to provide you with the tools which will help in arriving at trading decisions in quickest time frame.
The value and price of petroleum varies depending on various factors. Some of these factors are:
- The demand and supply. Higher the demand, more is thee price and viceversa
- The economic situations and changes in those situations around the world.
- The World events, such as wars and even dramatic weather influences, such as earthquakes, tidal waves etc.
- The value of various currencies, like US dollar.
- Decision of OPEC country group. They may increase or decrease the barrel output to keep dissuading US to not to go for any alternate means of energy.
You can get more information about crude and its related aspects for trading by using Google as a search tool and feeding in the following keywords