It is pertinent to note that 12 most liquid and blue chip stock traded on NSE constitute the Bank Nifty. The stocks along with their codes which have been included in Bank Nifty Index are as following:-
- Axis Bank Ltd. - AXISBANK
- Bank of Baroda - BANKBARODA
- Bank of India - BANKINDIA
- Canara Bank - CANBK
- HDFC Bank Ltd. - HDFCBANK
- ICICI Bank Ltd. - ICICIBANK
- IndusInd Bank Ltd. - INDUSINDBK
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. - KOTAKBANK
- Punjab National Bank - PNB
- State Bank of India - SBIN
- Union Bank of India - UNIONBANK
- Yes Bank Ltd. - YESBANK
While going in for the selection of the stocks which will constitute the bank Nifty; the stock should be able to satisfy following criterions:
- Company's market capitalisation and turnover rank should be less than 500.
- Company's trading frequency should be at least 90% in the last six months.
- Company should have a positive net worth.