Income tax deptt is being aggressive and is trying to improve its image by making an effort to appoint a new webmaster for their website http://www.incometaxindia.gov(dot)in (remove dot and replace with actual)
They are also going for mascot makeover and winner gets Rs 1 Lakh. Have a look at criterion for mascot.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
The Mascot should visually unify the vision and values that Income Tax Department wants to promote, such as:
- Payment of tax as a value norm in the society and a core duty of every citizen.
- Payment of tax as a contribution of citizen in Nation building and ensuring a better future for coming generations.
- Depiction of Income Tax Department as an enforcement agency as well as a facilitator for voluntary tax compliance.
- Depiction of Income Tax Department as a friend to every honest taxpayer.
The design must be original, visually appealing and distinct. It must be easily adaptable to various means of communications.
- Mascot can be sent in any pose, however, design in front, back and side views with colour schemes are preferred. Use different sheet of A4 size paper for different posture.
- Design along with suggestions like size, pedestal details is welcome.
- A brief concept note in support of the design may also be provided.
- More than one design can be sent, however, each design must be sent separately, as a separate entry.
Have a look at their tender enhancement date for appointment of webmaster
This is with the reference to the Tender No. eGov/3/2012, Dated 29/06/2012. In view of the general demand for extension of date, the last date of submission of bid in response to the aforementioned tender has been extended up to 14:00 hrs on 28th, August, 2012. In case of any further clarification, please contact: A.K. Sehjpal, JDIT(S)-II, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org(dot)in, Ph: 0120-2770483.
It is good to see them trying to give a makeover and let us an efficient tax collection system in place which is away from harassment and people consider them as friend as ultimately tax money is used for making highways and pay for development schemes including subsidies for poor.